What We Know
- Misinformation and the erosion of truth, often propagated on social media, are existential threats to democracy. Journalism must be fact-based.
- Robotics, machine learning and AI will upend vast swaths of our lives.
- China’s influence is real and growing.
- Human activity is posing threats to Earth’s climate.
- Demographics don’t lie: America is quickly becoming more diverse, radically changing the nation’s politics, from local to state to national.
- The U.S. government faces mounting debt, an aging population and the need to adapt to new technologies and threats faster.
- America’s capitalistic system brims with economic possibilities but is often stacked to favor the powerful and rich, exacerbating inequalities that need to be addressed.